The Connecticut Airport Authority welcomes you to the Ground Transportation Information page for guidelines about providing hotel and motel courtesy shuttle service at Bradley International Airport.
Providing courtesy shuttle service makes an important and lasting impression on your valued guests. To provide your service at Bradley International Airport, your establishment must first enter into Agreement with the Connecticut Airport Authority. As a courtesy shuttle provider, the Agreement grants you the following privileges:
- Parking in designated areas reserved for our commercial transportation providers which includes the hotel-motel courtesy shuttle vehicles
- Access to the inner roadway through the Automated Vehicle Identification (AVI) gate access system to pick up your arriving guests
- Recognition as a Preferred Accommodations provider with dual exposure on the website
- Advertising on the Ground Transportation board prominently displayed in front of the escalator where incoming passengers arrive for the baggage claim area
For HOTEL or MOTEL establishments needing to provide courtesy shuttle service for their guests arriving at Bradley International Airport, please complete an agreement application.
Once you have completed the form, you may email it to Teddy Minch at [email protected]; or fax it to his attention at (860) 386-8793; or mail it to: Connecticut Airport Authority, 334 Ella Grasso Turnpike, Suite 160, Windsor Locks, CT 06096, Attn: Teddy Minch.
The Off-Airport Hotel-Motel Courtesy Shuttle Vehicle Concession License Agreement grants your courtesy shuttle vehicles the right to pick up your arriving guests at Bradley International Airport. Courtesy shuttle vehicles utilize the inner roadway at the airport which is controlled by a computerized security gate called the Automated Vehicle Identification (AVI) system. The AVI gate access card provides access through the AVI gate. The AVI gate access card also provides access through another AVI gate for the parking area set aside for courtesy shuttle providers. This is where courtesy shuttle drivers park their shuttle vehicles to wait for arriving guests and coordinate pick up curbside along the inner roadway. A per-trip fee is assessed when the courtesy shuttle vehicle proceeds through the AVI gate at the inner roadway.
The Agreement Term is from July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2019.
The CAA reserves the right to extend the Agreement for 4 months.
Administrative Fee: An Administrative Fee of $165 is required, which covers the cost of producing and processing the Agreement.
Annual Permit Fee: An Annual Permit Fee of $40 is required, which is for registering your courtesy shuttle vehicles. Also, you will be provided the permit decals for each of your courtesy shuttle vehicles. The permit decal adheres to the windshield of the courtesy shuttle vehicle and indicates to the State Police that you are authorized to operate at the Airport.
AVI Per-Trip Fee: Each time a courtesy shuttle vehicle proceeds through the AVI gate at the inner roadway, a per-trip fee is assessed. AVI Per-Trip Fees are established for hotels and motels less than 5 miles from the airport and for hotels and motels 5 miles or more from the airport as follows:
|AGREEMENT YEAR||AVI PER-TRIP FEE|
|<5 Miles||=>5 Miles|
AVI Account: When the Agreement is executed, an AVI account is created for your company. An initial, minimum deposit of at least $100 is recommended.
AVI Smarte Pass© tags: The proximity card used to access the AVI gate is called a Smarte Pass© tag, or AVI tag. Each tag is $30.
A Certificate of Insurance showing the coverage listed below must be provided. For General Liability and Automobile Liability coverage, the Connecticut Airport authority must be named as an additional insured.
1. General Liability: General Liability coverage with a single limit of no less than $1 million and an aggregate limit of $2 million.
2. Automobile Liability: Automobile Liability coverage with a single limit of no less than $1 million is require and $2 million aggregate, if an aggregate is shown.
3. Workers Compensation Coverage: With respect to all operations the Second Party performs and all those performed for the Second Party by subcontractors, the Second Party agrees to carry, and shall ensure that its subcontractor(s) carry, Workers’ Compensation Insurance and, as applicable, insurance required in accordance with the U. S. Longshore and Harbor Workers’ Compensation Act, in accordance with the requirements of the laws of the State of Connecticut, and of the laws of the United States, respectively.
4. Employers’ Liability Insurance: Employers Liability Insurance with a total limit of not less than Five Hundred Thousand Dollars ($500,000).
Frequently Asked Questions
Where do I park? Upon registering your courtesy shuttle vehicles with the Ground Transportation office, you will be provided with directions to the parking area set aside for ground transportation providers. The Commercial Vehicle Holding (CVH) lot is reserved for charter buses, valet parking shuttles and courtesy shuttle vehicles.
Where do I pick up my arriving guests? There are two roadways in front of the arrivals level of the terminal: an outer roadway which is for public traffic; and an inner roadway reserved for commercial traffic. You would use the inner roadway. Entry to this inner roadway is controlled by the AVI gate. Once you pass through this gate, you are assessed the AVI Per-Trip fee.
Where do I drop off my departing guests? Departing guests are dropped off curbside to the terminal on the upper roadway.
Is there an AVI Per-Trip Fee for dropping off departing guests? No. There is no AVI gate on the upper roadway and so there is no AVI Per-Trip fee to drop off your departing guests.
May I park and wait curbside for my guests? The curbside of the inner roadway is only for picking up arriving guests. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) restricts parking within 300 feet of the airport terminal. State police and airport security enforce this law. It is recommended that you park in the Commercial Vehicle Holding (CVH) lot and communicate with your guest by cell phone to coordinate pick up curbside on the inner roadway.
Once I pass through the AVI gate, how much time do I have? There is a 30 minute dwell time, however, State police and airport security patrol the curbside of the inner roadway and so communicating with your guest to coordinate pick up is recommended.
What happens if my AVI account reaches zero? The AVI system will automatically deny access when an AVI account balance reaches zero. The Ground Transportation office provides monthly AVI account statements so that you can replenish and maintain the amount needed to ensure continued AVI gate access.
If you have additional questions, or if we may be of further assistance to you, please contact Teddy Minch with the Connecticut Airport Authority at (860) 254-5329 or email him at [email protected].