The event is free and open to the public
Windsor Locks, CT – September 20, 2019 – The Connecticut Airport Authority, Windham Air Services and Windham Region Chamber of Commerce with the Town of Windham Office of Economic Development are pleased to invite the community to Windham Airport’s 2019 Open House.
The event will be held on Saturday, September 21, 2019, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. at Windham Airport and is a free, family-friendly event.
“We look forward to showcasing Windham Airport and the many, wonderful exhibitors at the open house,” said Kevin A. Dillon, A.A.E., Executive Director of the Connecticut Airport Authority. “Our thanks to everyone who has worked to make this event possible, especially Windham Air Services and the Windham Region Chamber of Commerce who have been tremendous partners in making this a wonderful tradition for the community to enjoy.”
Aviation fans and aspiring aviators alike will have the opportunity to visit Windham Airport’s businesses and operations, view general aviation and military aircraft displays, experience live and simulated presentations, purchase scenic flights, explore aviation-related careers and learn about the growing field of drone piloting (weather permitting). It is an ideal opportunity for all to have fun while also learning about the airport’s contribution to the region.
Participating in the 2019 Windham Airport Open House are:
- Aviation Associates – T-Hangars
- Horizon Aircraft Services
- Pegasus Air Charter
- Sensenich Propeller Service, Inc.
- Windham Air Services
- Windham Aircraft Repair
Organizations Conducting Flight Rides or Demonstrations
- Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) – Chapter 166
- HTX Helicopters
- Kaman Aerospace Corporation
- RC Propbusters Model Aircraft Club
- Tolland County Model Aircraft Club
- S. Air Force Auxiliary Civil Air Patrol – Connecticut Wing
Static Aircraft Displays on the Ramp
- 1109th Connecticut Army Reserve National Guard
- Cirrus Aircraft – New England Region
- Connecticut State Police
- International Comanche Society, Northeast
- Life Star
- Private Pilots and Aircraft Owners
- Town of Stratford Police Department
Table Exhibits in Hangar and/or Ramp Displays
- Aviation Career Education (ACE) Summer Camp
- Black Pilots of America, CT Chapter
- Chamber of Commerce, Windham Region
- Connecticut Aero Tech School for Aviation Maintenance
- Connecticut Airport Authority
- Connecticut Soaring Association (CSA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Safety Team
- New England Air Museum (NEAM)
- Ninety – Nines – CT Chapter, International Organization of Women Pilots
- On-Course Drones
- Town of Windham, Office of Economic Development
- Windham Aircraft Repair
- Windham Center, North Windham and South Windham Volunteer Fire Departments
- S. Census 2020
- S. Coast Guard Academy Aviation Club for students
- University of Connecticut Flight Club for students
Windham Airport is located at 41 Airport Road in North Windham. Parking is free.
About The Connecticut Airport Authority
The CAA was established in 2011 to develop, improve, and operate Bradley International Airport and the state’s five general aviation airports (Danielson, Groton-New London, Hartford-Brainard, Waterbury-Oxford, and Windham). The CAA Board consists of 11 members with a broad spectrum of experience in aviation-related and other industries, as well as government. The goal of the CAA is to make Connecticut’s airports more attractive to new airlines, bring in new routes, and support Connecticut’s overall economic development and growth strategy.